IIJ SmartKey App Cannot Receive Push Notifications
Push notifications not being received may be caused by the smartphone being in power saving mode, configuration of the smartphone settings, or app/OS instability.
Check the following settings.
Notification privilege has been allowed for the IIJ SmartKey app.
OS Checks Android From "Settings" > "Apps" > "IIJ SmartKey" > "App notifications," make sure that notifications are not blocked. iOS From "Settings" > "IIJ SmartKey" > "Notifications," make sure that "Allow Notifications" is enabled.
* The procedure may vary depending on the model of your device and the version of the OS. Contact the device vendor for more information.
Check that communication is not blocked on any particular ports.
OS Checks Android Communication over TCP connection is enabled on ports 5228, 5229, and 5230. iOS Communication over TCP connection is enabled on ports 5223, 2195, 2196, and 443 (port 443 is used only with Wi-Fi connection enabled) without any proxy.
- The device is not in silent mode.
- OS optimization, power saving mode, and Wi-Fi optimization are not enabled.
- Task killer apps, battery-saving apps, and antivirus software are not preventing normal app operation and the reception of push notifications.
- The device operating system is up to date.
- Device storage and memory is not insufficient.
The device is connecting to Wi-Fi or a cellular network so that communication over the Internet is possible.
Push notifications for apps others than the IIJ SmartKey app can be successfully received.
In addition, try the following operations.
- Restart the IIJ SmartKey app.
- Restart the device.
- Reinstall the Google Play services (only for Android).
- Reinstall the IIJ SmartKey app.