About DOX Mail
DOX’s Web Mail feature (Outbound only) differs from an ordinary Web mail and provides the following features:
- File attachment uploads to DOX instead of being attached to the actual message
- Message contains an URL link. Recipient clicks this URL to retrieve the file from DOX
- Uploaded file attachments are automatically deleted after certain time period
Sending a DOX mail combines the following 3 actions: 1) upload a file to DOX 2) publish Onetime URL 3) attach URL link to the message.
Unlike Onetime URL, however, you may set authentication to the URL access. There are 3 authentication methods available:
|Password Authentication||Recipient uses the password created by the sender when the message was composed. Suitable for the recipients who do not have DOX accounts. |
Passwords should be transmitted in a prearranged secure manner.
The sender needs to set the password each time he/she sends the message, but a default password can be also configured.
|DOX Authentication||DOX account and password are required for access. There is no need to transmit the password separately. Access trail is also logged.|
|No Authentication||Authentication is not required. Same as using a normal Onetime URL with file operations.|
- When “Password Authentication” is chosen, you are advised not to include the password in the message body.
- URL link and password should be transmitted separately.
You may also modify settings for Read Receipt and Effective Period for the URL.
|Read Receipt Mail||Turning this option “Notify” automatically sends a read receipt mail to the sender each time the URL link is accessed.|
|Effective Period||Specify the number of days the URL link will be available. Effective period can be between 1 to 7 days. File will not be available for download once the effective period expires.|
|Allowed Open Count||Once the URL is opened the number of times specified here, it can no longer be accessed even if the effective period has not expired. |
The count can be configured to between 1 and the maximum number of accounts. "Unlimited" option is available only when the DOX Authentication is selected.
- URL link will be invalid when either effective period expires or allowed open count reaches its maximum.
- The linked file will automatically be deleted from DOX.
- Set the lower values if the disk space is running low.
- Administrator can assign the default values to these settings.